Sunday, September 21, 2008

Great Weekend

Well, week one is down and I am very impressed with the results so far. I lost 7 pounds, I am 187. But let me be perfectly honest...I have been eating healthy while at the same time using Sensa. I did not entirely eat healthy however. This weekend our family went to friends houses. I had birthday cake at one friends house along with rice and Spanish style pork and then nibbled on a piece of coffee cake at my other friends house. I also drank fuzzy navel's and had a great time. What I noticed is that I did not have a desire for the cake and I ate smaller portions. Don't get me wrong, the cake was great...but I could have said no. And I noted absolutely no weight gain from my social eating so I do think the fact that I am eating smaller portions helps. I have replaced my coffee with green tea. That too is more healthy. Coffee spikes your insulin levels while green tea helps regulate it. Many studies have shown that green tea actually raises your metabolism and blocks the storage of fat to some extent. It also gives you energy, not to mention all those healthy benefits from the high levels of antioxidants. I thought it would be much harder than it was. I am an avid coffee drinker. We have a Delonghi espresso maker. I can not tell you how many cups I had in the morning and how wonderful they are! But the switch (while admitably was not as tasty) was a huge difference. My morning appetite came back (which eating a hearty breakfast each morning actually aids in weight loss) and my energy level was even higher than when I drank coffee. I can not tell you how good I feel after this week, not only because of the weight loss but because I feel better. Also to note, the pants I could not wear two weeks ago (and was I literally crying about on our vacation) not only did I fit into, but are loose. Much, much better. I'd like to also point out that I do not lose weight easily. To be seeing results so soon is extremely encouraging to me. So I will describe in my next post what I have been eating and the reasoning behind it. I will also be posting some nutritional facts and information that I have found useful in subsequent posts.

No comments: