Sunday, September 28, 2008

Today's Menu

Ok so I am going to list what I had today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (one serving) w/ 1 % milk

Lunch: Flaked Salmon Salad (I baked the Salmon w/ Garlic, Old Bay, Salt, and Pepper). The salad had tomatoes, baby spinach, Fat Free Caesar Italian and of course the Salmon (one serving).

Snack: Two pieces Vermont 50% reduced fat cheddar cheese (made with 1 1/2% milk) and whole grain crackers.

Dinner: Multi grain rotini pasta (1 serving of pasta) with Shrimp (cooked in lots of garlic, Pam, Old Bay and Pepper) and a bowl of Salad (baby spinach, fat free dressing and tomatoes).

*Note: The shrimp and pasta turned out really good, there was some juice in the pan infused with garlic. I put no sauce, but because of the little bit of garlicky liquid I did not need it. It actually tasted like that was the sauce, though it happened by accident. The juice came from cooking the shrimp (though only enough to reheat them as they were already cooked)

Snacks for tonight: 1 medium peach and most likely a mug of warmed 1% milk.

Drinks:

Lots of water
5 cups green tea

Everything except the drinks and oatmeal was sprinkled with Sensa

I am actually surprised this fills me up, because when I look at this list it sounds so small and boring. But honestly, I am not hungry (and those are the portions I should be eating but normally do not). I am completely satisfied with the food as well. To me it tastes really good. But see here is the thing, everyone has their likes and dislikes. All you have to do is look at the list of "good foods" that are out there and pick ones that you like...and try new things. I hated (and still hate) cooked spinach. But eventually I tried the uncooked version and really liked it. Try healthier choices and cook them in flavorful spices and such. My husband and I are big foodies and we love to cook and try new things. But just because you are eating healthy does not mean you have to give up taste. When I was cooking the Salmon today, the kitchen was so aromatic with the garlic and other spices that both my husband and son thought I was making some really good steaks. To me, it tasted so good, I was not at all disappointed that it wasn't steak. Also, I have found that things that I already like taste even better with Sensa for some reason. I am only saying this because I did not expect this (and the fact that I do not crave sweets). I bought Sensa merely for portion control, but it gave me a little more than that. I am still trying to see what happens in the long run. After all, it has only been two weeks.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: