Saturday, September 27, 2008

Progress

Well this week I have lost 2 more pounds and am in a size 12 jeans. Same jeans size as last week, but they do fit a bit better. I went through my closet and found all the clothes I couldn't wear and can either now wear or need just a tad more weight loss for. Feels good. I have not had any problems. We had friends come over last night and I again had a few social drinks and for dinner had guacamole and chips. Avocado is a good fat, so not harm there. The chips had no trans fat and 1g of saturated fat. Not bad. All I can say it that I feel better and can see the weight loss in the mirror. That's enough to keep me moving forward. To me, it's not really a diet. I am still eating a lot of what I already like and I am eating till I feel full. I just kinda replaced the bad stuff with the good stuff and then sprinkled sensa on everything. I still have no cravings for sweets...don't get me wrong...I could eat them. It is just that I don't feel like I "need" them. For someone who always finished off her dinners with something sweet like cake or a handful of chocolate chips, that's huge. One thing that my sister mentioned to me over the phone was that she wanted me to write down examples of what I was eating so I thought that I would post what I ate for the day every now and then. So, today:

5 cups green tea
lots of cold drinking water
Breakfast: oatmeal with milk (ran out of bananas)
Lunch: tuna sandwich, whole grain bread and fat free mayo
Snack: two pieces of 50% reduced fat Vermont cheddar cheese and whole wheat (no trans fat) crackers, and an apple
For dinner tonight: whole grain pasta and ragu with a big bowl of salad a low fat vinaigrette dressing
Snack: either peanut butter and whole wheat crackers or warm mug of 1% milk

I know it doesn't sound like a lot...and well maybe a little "too healthy", but I swear since I have been using Sensa I have been completely satisfied. In fact, I enjoy what I am eating. Also, if you don't like green tea, what about white tea? It actually has more antioxidants than green tea, it much more mild and has a bit more caffeine. I am going to do a post about green tea soon, maybe tomorrow. I actually learned quite a bit about it in my research so I will post some of its benefits soon. Enjoy the rest of this weekend!

No comments: