Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today's Menu

Here is what I had today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal (1 serving) and 1% milk
1 cup yogurt

Lunch (mini-meal): Salmon

Snack (mini-meal): Salad w/ creamy Italian dressing
Whole Wheat toast

Dinner: 2 pieces chicken thighs (baked, skinless, in a chicken marinade)
Multi grain pasta (1 serving) w/ garlic, I can't believe its not butter spray, and salt
Mixed vegetables

Dessert: 5 chocolate chips (dark chocolate)

Snack: Cup of warm 1% milk

Drinks: Lots of cold water
6 cups green tea

Today I was a bit hungrier than yesterday, but I ate each time I felt hungry. I also craved something sweet, so I broke down and had some dark chocolate. Overall though, I am still eating way less than I used to. Hopefully it will stay this way. About the Salmon, I buy it at Sam's Club because Walmart wants to much for it (in comparison to Sam's Club I mean). The downside, there is a lot of it. So when you see it like 50 times on here it's because of that (I am picking out something else for next week). What I should have done was to cook half the fillet and freeze the other half...or even break it up it into thirds so I can break it up a bit. O'well, next time. The oatmeal...well I just like oatmeal and it keeps me full for a long time. There are so many other choices though! It's just what I have been using and it seems to be working so far.

1 comment:

Smokey said...

I love oatmeal too. I add walnuts, pecans, almonds, and blueberries. It adds so much flavor and lasts a long time. It's healthy too.