Sunday, September 21, 2008

Improving on last weeks food choices

Ok, so this week I included whole grain pastas, rice, and bread on my shopping list since they qualified as "good carbs" (more on that later). I also included oatmeal (another good carb). I will be eating either Oatmeal with mashed up bananas and skim milk or eggs, whole wheat toast and fruit for breakfast. For snacks I bought nuts and non-fat plain yogurt (I'll add in my own fruit) instead of the low-fat but sugar loaded version. Again, my thought process is that the sweet sprinkles will help me to accept this healthier version as I am not at all fond of non-fat plain yogurt. I'd rather buy key lime pie or mixed berry whips :). Everything else that I included for last weeks snacks will remain the same. I bought more Salmon. At home I have plenty of chicken and also shrimp, beans and so on for protien. I am eating some form of low-fat protien for every meal since it is supposed to fill you up. I also bought a bunch of green tea. I am planning to drink between 5-7 cups each day. I will post on how that is going throughout the week as well as more information on all the research I have been doing.

No comments: