Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Acai Berry Scam

Ok, as I was looking up information on antioxidants levels I came across a website for "Acai Berry Supreme". It had one of those free two week trials (https://www.acaiberrysupreme.com//checkout1.aspx?bid=dec6c887-6bd6-47cd-bb51-6a9eedcc1009 ). I fell for it hook line and sinker. I had been wanting to try some because of all the antioxidants in it, but I didn't want to pay the hefty price if I didn't like it or couldn't use it. The green tea I have been drinking has worked wonders for me and if Acai is even better, why not give it a try right?

However, after signing up the infamous light bulb came on and I realized they didn't list the regular cost of this product. So I did a little digging and found out that they enroll you automatically into an autoship program. Not only do they autoship the Acai Berry Supreme($90.57 w/ shipping for a 30 day supply) they also send you "free" bottle of "total cleanse" (which I would never use) and you are auto-shipped this product as well for the "super low price" of $84.51 (shipped).

So needless to say I called the company to tell them to cancel any shipments beyond the free trial and they told me that I could not do this until I received the shipment (however your "free trial" starts the day your product ships...which begs the question, how long does it take to receive the package once it's shipped!?) Here is all the "hidden" information you'll need to know about this product: http://www.acaiberrysupreme.com/cpage.aspx?name=termsandconditions
However, Acai is the number one superfruit right now. It packs 6 times the amount of antioxidants as pomegranate which holds the number two spot and surprisingly enough each has more antioxidants than green tea. I will be posting more on antioxidants and my expeirence with them soon.

I will now be testing the Acai Berry in pill form, since I now have no choice:). I will post about my expeirence with it in future posts. This might be an option for those who can't stand green tea, or want something better than green.

I will be posting this on another blog because I would hate someone to fall in the same trap I did. I can't be the only one who has fallen for it...atleast I hope not:).

11 comments:

Andi Carr said...

what number did you call to cancel...no one is picking up!!!

Mary said...

I called this number: 1-866-938-4832. But at first few times the call hung up on me, then the third time (after a long wait) someone picked up. Funny this is, the charges for the postage never when through on my account and the product was never shipped to me. Pure Acai Berry was and I cancelled via email this morning and got the confirmation right away. No additional charges were made to my account.

toni said...

Could you please give me the email. I have been scammed too! They are not picking up the phone and i would like to cancel before i get charged

Unknown said...

I want to cancell this and I have not been able to get through when calling. Is there an email or WEB live chat that I can use to cancel this subscribtion.

Mary said...

If you keep calling they will answer. I had them pick up twice for me, both in the mid-morning time frame. At first I kept getting a clicking noise on the phone and then it would disconnect but I kept redialing until it finally rang. I then waited for about 15-20 minutes before someone finally picked up, but they did cancel my order. That was with Acai Berry Supreme. With Pure Acai Berry I went here to cancel, it was very simple:
https://gohelpnow.com/?pl=acai&page=cancel2.2

Debby said...

In my opinion, this product is a scam. I did get a hold of someone but was told that I could not get my money back and that they did not want me to send anything back to them. I am very sceptical to try any thing through the internet again. I can not believe that I can not get my money back. It seems somebody is getting rich.
Debby

Stellewriter said...

Call you credit card company and have the payments stopped for the purposes of their imporper billing methods. Do it as a complaint and push it to the hilt so as to get it registered as such. They will reverse the charge and your action will make the card company put them on the watch list. Enough complaints and hey will lose the right to bill with that company. One reason Am Express is not taken by many busninesses is that they are a lot more restrictive on their transaction policies. And writing articles like this helps too.

Anonymous said...

now a days there are lots of acai berry scam, it is important to keep away from them

Weight Loss Pills

Unknown said...

Now I will come to the real scam related to Acai berry marketing and sales. Apart from an elixir that can make you look younger, Acai berry is marketed as a weight loss supplement and is sold as Acai berry weight loss pills. But it is never specified on the cover or the carton as to what is the real percentage of the Acai content in that pill and whether this Acai pill has been created out of spray dried powder or freeze dried powder.

Acai berry is promoted as a super food in the market but it itself does not stimulate weight loss in some magical way. Naturally unsuspecting obese people who purchase Acai diet pills and consume them, hardly see any change in their body shape and feel cheated.
do you want read full story of Acai Berry and Colon Cleanse scam??

Unknown said...

I will come to the real scam related to Acai berry marketing and sales. Apart from an elixir that can make you look younger, Acai berry is marketed as a weight loss supplement and is sold as Acai berry weight loss pills. But it is never specified on the cover or the carton as to what is the real percentage of the Acai content in that pill and whether this Acai pill has been created out of spray dried powder or freeze dried powder.

Extenze
p90x Workout

Thomas said...

The results are visible within first 10 days of the dosage. However it is important to continue the dosage of the acai berry pills even after gaining the desired weight loss in order to maintain a well toned body.Acai berry is no doubt the most common ingredient in the top weight loss pills for men.
Acai
Extenze Pills
p90x