Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shopping

Just got back from doing groceries. I had been looking at some Sencha green tea from Evolution, but I thought that the asking price was a bit steep for being online. I wanted to try the Acai Green Tea and the Chocolate Orange Green Tea. If you go here you can see the prices: http://www.revolutiontea.com/green-tea/ . But today I found the same exact tea at Target for 3.99! Needless to say, I snatched up both boxes and the Chocolate Orange Green Tea smells amazing! It literally smells just like Chocolate. I am going to try both teas in the morning as I am finding that the caffiene keeps me awake at night if I drink it after 2pm.

Today went well. I had Oatmeal w/ milk, Special K Protien Water, raspberries, a glass of wine and salsa w/ avocado and 0 trans fat tortilla chips. I also had Green Tea and Water, but that's about it. I was starving by the time we got home, but there wasn't really anyplace to stop except fast food joints, so I just waited to eat at home. Next time though I think I will take snacks with me.

Let me ask you all a question for those of you who diet. Do your significant others complain about the prices of "healthy food"? My husband buys the stuff anyways because he sees that is working, but he always mentions how the food bill goes up if I am eating healthy. Do you all notice the same? In my opinion, it costs the same because cookies and cakes cost as much as the "healthy" foods. The problem is when you have 3/4's of your family eating "unhealthy" foods and snacks and one who wants to eat healthy...then it ends up being a double whammy. I am not saying that twinkies cost the same as a fillet of Salmon...but do we really need twinkies in the first place? My husband would say yes of course, maybe me too if I wasn't dieting lol. But getting twinkies, cookies, muffins ect at the same time adds up and it adds no real nutritional value. So are health foods really all that expensive? Am I wrong? Anyone have the same struggle at home?

No comments: